Saturday, March 19, 2011

Every Day is Halloween

Well I've blogged before
and I've tumbled before
But my old blog wasn't serious (it was more of a secret online sophomore year of high school diary)
and my tumblr is just a jumbled mess of inspiration (that I will try my best to continue to keep up)
but now it's time for the real deal, the "big bang" of my style blog...if you will.

Now, when it comes to the fashion world, I love, respect, drool over and genuinely enjoy so much of it, however I've never particularly tried to follow current trends.Naturally sometimes aspects of the clothes I wear match up one way or another to those walking down the runway and photographed in popular fashion magazines,
but the moral of the story is; I really just like to have fun with my clothes.

I like to treat each day like I'm playing dress up or putting on a costume for Halloween.
Halloween is the one day out of the year that everyone feels comfortable wearing whatever they want and being whomever they want to be. But why not wear whatever and be whomever you want every day?
Personally, I like to challenge myself to never ever play it safe, not even for one day.
Sometimes I even enjoy the strange looks I get from people while I'm on the bus or shopping in Trader Joes because it just reaffirms that I'm dressed in my own unique (and apparently sometimes shocking) style.

Of course every now and then I feel self conscious just as any other human might,
but as long as I dig my outfit then I don't care if there not a single other soul out there who does.

Just some initial thoughts.

Yours truly,
Ellen

No comments: