Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reinventing the Cheerleader



Remember when cheerleaders were your worst enemy? And you'd avoid them at all costs but they'd somehow find a way to verbally torture you and start rumors about you and ruin your life so you'd plot horrifying acts of revenge against them in order to fulfill your inner rage against the perfect bombshell beauties? Me too! But now that time has passed and you're at different schools or cities or countries or whatever, you've realized you're smarter, more tasteful, overall cooler and most importantly hotter than the "beauties" now turned drunken zit-covered hot messes you once secretly worshiped.

Ladies, it's time to stalk their trash bins and snatch up their old cheerleading outfits and turn what was once a symbol of everything that your rebellious mind once despised, into an adorable (and flattering!) addition to your Sleigh Bells inspired, candy-apple punk rock image

...or at least I did.
I literally searched through at least a hundred vintage cheerleaders skirts in a total of three different vintage and secondhand stores to find the perfect addition to my wardrobe,
this cherry red number...


I figure I'm always going to have to pair it with something a bit...harder in order to get some angst across. For these pictures(below) I braided my hair a bit and sported a lovely bitch face. :]


No comments: